We want to share a very cool job opportunity to be a Patient Liaison Apprentice at Down Syndrome Program at Boston Children’s Hospital, who would join Patient Liaison Nathan Simons and an amazing team:
• Help set up rooms for clinician use
• Escort families to clinical rooms
• Share resource materials
• Play with patients and supports families during their visits
• Assist program coordinator with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, emailing, etc.
• This is a two-year apprenticeship for training purposes, and will not go beyond two years so that we can allow many individuals to have this training experience.
• Start date January 2018.
• Eight (8) hours each week. Hours are 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoons and 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Thursday mornings.
• This is a paid, part-time position, which is not eligible for benefits.
A successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be comfortable speaking with adults and with children, be able to work well with a team, and have adequate reading skills to be able to assist with straightforward clerical tasks. Candidates must be over 18 to apply.
Please submit a one-page letter of interest and a resume detailing work and education experience. Applications will be screened and several candidates will be selected to interview.
Please submit application by October 31st to:
Down Syndrome Program Coordinator Boston Children’s Hospital
300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Complete information is available here.