Our friends at the Massachusetts Office on Disability (MOD) and the Human Resources Division (HRD) are partnering to host “Disability Mentoring Week (DMW)” from Oct. 17 to 19.
This will be an opportunity for persons with disabilities to explore career opportunities within state government. Each mentee will be paired with a Massachusetts state government professional working in the mentee’s field of interest.
Goals for Disability Mentoring Week:
· Foster potential internship and employment opportunities for people with disabilities
· Equip mentees to successfully seek state employment using the MassCareers system.
· Promote people with disabilities as a core group for recruitment for an inclusive workforce
· Ease employers’ uncertainties about hiring people with disabilities
· Increase confidence among mentees in reaching their employment goals
Please note, this program is designed for persons with disabilities 21 years of age or older.
See link below for complete information, including a DMW informational flyer. The deadline for submitting a Mentee Application form is September 25, 2017. However, Mentee spots are limited and mentees will be accepted on a first-come first serve-basis until all available spots are filled or until the deadline of September 25, 2017, whichever comes first.